Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Serves to 4
• Peanut oil or other vegetable oil ¼ cup
• 3 medium, firm green tomatoes
• Fine dry bread crumbs ½ cup
• Cornmeal 1/3 cup
• All-purpose flour 1 cup
• 1 egg
• Cajun seasoning (optional) 1 tablespoon
• Milk or buttermilk ½ cup
1. Take the tomatoes unpeeled and cut into the ½ inch slices. Now sprinkle the salt on tomatoes and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Take another bowl and put all the ingredients like flour and Cajun mix in one side and then separately take the breadcrumbs and cornmeal in another bowl mix it also.
3. Take the skillet and pour the peanut oil into it and heat this well.
4. In the other bowl pour buttermilk and egg and beat it together.
5. Now take the slices of tomatoes and firstly dip into the flour and Cajun then again dip into the buttermilk and egg mixture and then again dip into the bread crumb and cornmeal then place this into the oil for frying.
6. At least till 3 to 5 minutes fry each side of tomato until it will be browned.
7. After frying these place these on the paper towel to drain.
8. These are ready so it can be served with the Tabasco sauce.