Preparation time 15minutes
Cooking time 1 hour
Serves to 4 persons
• Thinly sliced onions 4 cups
• Salt 3 tablespoons
• Canned tuna, drained 1(6 ounce)can
• Melted butter 2 tablespoons
• Lemon juice or lime juice 1/4 cup
• Ground cumin 1 tablespoon
• Cayenne 1/2 teaspoon
• Crushed oregano leaves 1 tablespoon
• Saffron 1 pinch (optional)
• Cooked white rice
1. Take a bowl and place the onion into this, add the salt and mix it well.
2. Keep the bowl in the direct sun light during the day time for about 1 hour on this hot day.
3. Now remove this onion from the sun light and keep it inside then wash and squeeze then drain its water and wash at least 3 to 4 times then drain its water.
4. Now flake the tuna (kind of fish) and combine it into the onions along with the ingredients.
5. Combine also the ¾ cups of water and sprinkle the salt according to taste.
6. Garnish it and serve hot immediately by putting this over the cooked white rice.