Preparation time 40 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
Serves to 8 to 10 persons
• Plain flour 400 grams
• Baking powder 1 tablespoon
• Unsalted butter, at room temperature, 225 gram plus extra for greasing
• Caster sugar 225 grams
• 4 large eggs, beaten
• Soured cream, at room temperature 250 ml
• 2 lemons, grated zest of both and juice of 1
• Assorted sweets, such as dolly mixtures, Smarties
For the frosting
• Unsalted butter, at room temperature 350 grams
• Icing sugar, sifted 600 grams
• Lemon curd 4 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven at least on the temperature of 180C/350F. Take the 2 round spring form cake tins and then grease them. And line the actual bases along with greased preparing paper.
2. Sieve the particular flour as well as baking powder collectively.
3. Make the cream of butter and as well as sugar in the electric mixer till pale, light as well as soft and fluffy. Add also the eggs into this mixture and mix well, as well as scraping down this bowl along with using a rubber spatula when there is need.
4. By using the mixing machine over a lower speed, and add the flour and also soured cream at the same time to the mixture in groups. Combine also the lemon zest and fruit juice and blend until it will become smooth.
5. Separate the mixture consistently between your well prepared cake tins and cook on the midsection shelf with the pre-heated oven for approximately 35 minutes, or until the skewer placed into the mid of the cakes and arrives out clean. Let the cakes to be cooled with inside the tins with regard to 10 minutes just ahead of converting on the wire cooling racks. Turn the cakes on the right way upward and then let it be cooled completely.
6. For frosting: make the cream of butter and also icing sugar till it will become clean and also light. Add up the fresh lemon curd as well as combine again well until eventually smooth.
7. If you are prepared to put together the cake, take a knife that should be large and serrated then slice each cake in half horizontally to provide 4 actually layers.
8. Keep one cake layer over a serving plate and then spread frosting 2 heaped tablespoons. Now place another cake layer as well as frosting on the top of its. Repeat till you have 4 layers of the cake and also 3 layers of frosting. Now place the remaining frosting in its top and also its sides and plane the surface of cake equally by using the palette knife.
9. Decorate this nice cake along with your choice of different sweets, but try this maximum of 1-2 hours prior to serving, otherwise they'll be soft and spread into the frosting.