Last Updated on Saturday, 20 April 2013 08:05
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 8 ice cubes
Stir together the cranberry juice, lemon-lime soda, pineapple juice, and orange juice in a pitcher. Place ice cubes in two tall glasses; pour drink over ice to serve.
Last Updated on Friday, 19 April 2013 11:11
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 2 cups sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 3/4 cup water
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 4 ounces melted unsweetened baking chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
Combine all ingredients into big mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds, and scrape bowl. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes.
Fill liners 1/2 to 2/3 full of batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Chill 10 minutes in pans then take out from pan, and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Frost when chocolate cupcakes are completely cool.
Last Updated on Thursday, 18 April 2013 06:03
1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 carton (18 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
· Cook pasta in step with package directions. Meanwhile, during a giant skillet, sauté red pepper and onion in butter and oil till tender. Add garlic; sauté one minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
· Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture. Sprinkle with green onions.
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon salt, divided
• 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
• 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1. In a little saucepan, combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to one/a pair of cup, regarding 5 minutes. Stir in basil and orange peel. Remove from the heat; put aside.
2. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Grill chicken, lined, over medium heat for five-7 minutes on each aspect or till a meat thermometer reads a hundred and seventy°, basting frequently with orange juice mixture.